Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Week 2 Update and Some REALLY Yummy Recipes

Well another week has passed in my challenge, and things are still going great! I love not feeling like I HAVE to eat dessert after every meal.  I have been eating fruit to serve as dessert, and I am amazed that it actually satisfies that sweet tooth of mine! I honestly think I am going to take this sugar free binge for another month.

I tried a few more recipes this week that I have to pass on because they are just too good not to share: (For the future; I will try to take pictures of the food we eat but I always eat it all before I remember to take a picture.)

Pina Colada Shake (from www.trainermomma.com)
1 cup non fat milk
1/2 cup fresh pineapple
1 scoop protein powder (I bought a new brand of protein powder this week, and it is so yummy!)
1 pack of splenda
1/4 tsp coconut extract (I actually used closer to 1/2 tsp because I wanted a stronger coconut taste)
5-6 ice cubes

Blend it for 3-4 minutes.  It turns out to fluffy and yummy.  Honestly; I LOVED it!

I love to have protein shakes for snacks; especially for a snack between lunch and dinner because it is so filling and keeps me from wanting to eat everything in sight.  For some reason, that time because meals is a major pit fall for me. Anyone else??

____________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment