I am proud to say I have not eaten sweet for one whole week now! Whoo Whoo! There have definitely been times where I wanted to eat chocolate or something, but I am proud at how much self control I have! I need to set goals like this more often.
My sweet tooth has not disappeared though, so I have been experimenting with recipes that will help with that craving without eating any sugar.
Here are a few of them that I have fallen in love with:
Cereal Goolash: (Sounds weird I know, but I couldn't think of a better title for it)
1/4 cup grape nuts
1/4 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup fat free milk
1 T natural, creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup blueberry sauce (recipe below)
Pinch of ground flax seed
I heat the grape nuts, oatmeal, and milk in the microwave for 1 min and then add in the peanut butter and blueberries. I made this up on the whim one morning when I was in a pinch for time, and the whole time I was eating it I was thinking to myself, "I can't believe this is healthy!! It tastes so good!"
Calorie count: 330 for that whole bowl of heaven!!
On to the blueberry sauce:
One night I was in the mood for crepes, so I made 100 % whole wheat crepes and used greek yogurt and blueberries for toppings.
Blueberry Sauce:
2 cups frozen blueberries
3/4 cup splenda
2 T lemon juice
4 t corn starch
Heat in on the stove until it thickens. It is so yummy!
Another great thing that I have discovered and fallen in love with is greek yogurt. Don't knock it till you try it because seriously with the right ingredients it is so yummy! I buy the plain kind since it contains less sugar and then I combine it with a pack of stevia, and a drizzle of agave. (Try this stuff too!) It makes awesome fruit dip and is so yummy on top of crepes. I can't get enough of this stuff either. The best part about it is that it is FULL of protein, so it keeps you fuller longer. What can be better?
I also love to make protein shakes. I found this great recipe on trainermomma.com for an almond berry smoothie:
1 cup sweetened almond milk
1 scoop protein powder
3/4 cup frozen berries.
Blend it all together for 2-3 minutes, and you have a very filling and delicious smoothie that keeps those sugar cravings at bay.
With all these new things I have found and knowing that sugar really doesn't control me, I have been thinking that I want to take this goal into February, but I have not decided yet on that. Valentine's day might be tricky with that. :) We will just see.
No comments:
Post a Comment