In fact, more often than not I love running, but running on a treadmill for 3+miles can get boring. I subscribe to a blog of a girl who ran a MARATHON on a treadmill yesterday; FOR FUN! She has some serious talent, so that is one thing. I however don't have a talent for running; just a love for it.
I got on the treadmill this afternoon not in the mood to run, so I just decided that I would do 10 minutes. I got to 10 minutes and added 10 more because I was feeling really good. I think reading that blog yesterday about her running a whole marathon in the treadmill inspired me because I just wanted to keep going. 40 minutes later I ran 5.3 miles! (Not speedy I know, but good for me!) I wasn't expecting to get that kind of workout in, but I felt so good afterwards! Some days running just feels great, and others it just feels like a chore. I am grateful that today was a good day!
I can't wait for the weather to get nice though so I can take my runs outdoors. I am excited to be able to strap my kids into the jogger and just go!
After my run this morning, I decided that I wanted to do another half marathon this summer. Now all I have to do is find a race and get going!

GIRL YOU ARE AMAZING!!! I am glad it helped you keep going. WOMAN, you are way speedy!!! 5.3 miles in 40 minutes...that is way fast. Believe me somedays I only last a mile or two on the darn thing....I totally understand that somedays you just don't feel it. You are amazing and I am excited for your half marathon!!! It is so fun when you end up doing a better workout than you thought you could:) GREAT JOB!!!
ReplyDelete