Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 1 of my sugar free month...

Day 1 of my sugar free month has begun! I am excited for this challenge because I know it will be hard, but that is why I want to do this! I want to set a hard goal and achieve it.

I have been doing a lot of reading on doing a sugar cleanse, and there seems to be a lot of extremes you could take that I just don't think I am going to do.  I am not in detox mode, I just want to kick my sweet tooth habit.  Some sources said give up carbs; and there is not way that is happening for a whole month! So I am not going to be as extreme as that.

So I am giving up chocolate, ice cream, cookies, etc obviously and in place hoping to fill up on lots of fresh fruit and veggies.  It won't totally replace that sugar craving, but in time I hope it does!

I have been exploring a few recipes that will give me that sweet taste without being full of sugar, and I found a smoothie recipe that is super yummy and filling here: (This blog is totally awesome by the way!)

1 cup nonfat milk
1 scoop of whey protein powder
1/2 cup fresh or frozen berries (my favorite to use is frozen blueberries)
ice if you want it

Blend together for 2-3 minutes. (This is always an exciting time in our house since Deagan really hates the sound of the blender. He usually runs and hides in his room screaming "IS IT DONE?" with his hands over his ears.:) This really gives the smoothie A LOT of volume and I feel like I have a ton to eat without really eating a ton of calories.

I will continue to find new recipes or ideas that will help me a long this month and I will be sure to share them with you all!

Happy New Year everyone! May this year bring more health and happiness than last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment