Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

How to get it done

I follow a blog that features "fit parents" and asks them questions related to what inspires them to live a healthy lifestyle, and today I read one of these features of a stay-at-home dad who trains for Ironmans!

One of the questions that was asked was how he how time to train for such a thing when being a stay at home dad?

That question immediately caught my attention because I am interested in training for another half marathon or a marathon, and a huge reason for just thinking about it and not actually starting to train for something like this is because of the kids. (Not that I am blaming them, it is just reality!)

I loved his response: "...it comes down to desire. To me it’s like a good book you can’t put down. Somehow, someway you read it."

This is how I feel about working out; I can't NOT do it.  Trying to find a time to work out though with two small children has been really challenging lately.  I decided I would get up before they got up in the morning, and the day I started this they both decided to get up early from now on too!  Most mornings Greg is still home and he can watch the boys for a little bit, but I always felt guilty for making him do this.  We decided to try cycling classes at the Y at night, and I love working out at this time! Free day care, and a great way to end the night!

I am coming to accept that I just can't structure my workout as well as I would like to, but I am getting them done because I just can't "put" it down!

How do you make time to work out?

No comments:

Post a Comment