I love to run and have run since high school. I just love it! I have ran in several races; the longest distance race I have ever run is a half marathon, and I would love to some day run a marathon just to cross it off my bucket list.
However, after I had Kayden and I was "cleared" to workout again, I couldn't run because I would get a horrible pain in my left knee. Greg and I had planned over 10 races that we were going to compete in over the summer because that is something that we really like to do together, but a month into training I knew that I couldn't do it. It was disappointing but I found other ways to exercise without any pain. I could do any other type of exercise and would have no pain, but 5-10 minutes into a run I would get a horrible pain.
That was back in May when it started. I rested it thinking that would help and tried running when I was in Wyoming over the month of July, and it was still bad. When I got home I saw my Dr. They took x-rays and could not see anything wrong, which I was expecting to be the case. They finally prescribed me to see a physical therapist, and I have been going there 2-3 times a week for the past 3 weeks. Over the past 4 days I have ran 3 times! Today being my longest run; 5 miles, and I had relatively no pain! Bless the Maker! I was not planning on running 5 miles, but as I was running it didn't hurt so I kept going!
My sisters and I had talked in the past about training for a marathon next fall, and now it actually seems like that could be a possibility! I am excited if you can't tell:)
That's so exciting! Someday I might run a marathon...someday. I'm so excited for you!
ReplyDelete