Somedays I don't always feel like I was a very good parent. Maybe I lost my patience one too many times, or I was too preoccupied with something else, etc. Today was one of those days though where I really felt like he and I connected. He brought me joy all day.
He is becoming so independent. "I do it myself!" is a common phrase in our house, and more often than not I am afraid that I don't let him have his Independence like I should. Tonight as we were getting him ready for bed he insisted on putting lotion on himself, on zipping up his pajamas himself, and he even went potty in the toilet all by himself! Through all of this all I could do is smile in awe at his sweet little independent spirit.
I am grateful for this little boy who daily gives me a sense of purpose that could never be filled in any other way.

He is becoming so independent. "I do it myself!" is a common phrase in our house, and more often than not I am afraid that I don't let him have his Independence like I should. Tonight as we were getting him ready for bed he insisted on putting lotion on himself, on zipping up his pajamas himself, and he even went potty in the toilet all by himself! Through all of this all I could do is smile in awe at his sweet little independent spirit.
I am grateful for this little boy who daily gives me a sense of purpose that could never be filled in any other way.
Michelle!!!I love this post and I love this blog and I love you and your little family so much!I loved talking to you this week!Have a good week!!!
ReplyDelete