Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2010

In Pursuit of Purpose

I am a stay at home mom. I have always wanted to be a stay at home mom, and I love doing what I am doing.

There are times though when I feel purposeless. I know I am not, but there are times when I just don't feel like I am still pursuing things I love to do.

My sweet husband, has encouraged me since our son was born 2 1/2 years ago to find things that I love to do. Did I also mention I am a procrastinator though?

But the timing of this also comes just shy of the birth of our 2nd child this March. Fear is setting in that with more children I will lose interest in things that I really love because I will be too caught up in taking care of kids.

The problem is is that I don't feel like I am good at anything and I don't really have a lot of hobbies that I love. The purpose of this blog is to find things that I love by pursuing different talents, crafts, etc.

So here is the plan:

For the next year, I am going to pursue 4 different things. I will try each one out for three months at a time, and blog along the way of each pursuit. My hope is that I will find things that I really love and that I know I will keep up as more children come.

The 4 Pursuits:

1-Sewing: (January - March)

More specifically, I am going to make three baby quilts before our baby is born. One for our little one, one for my sister-in-law's little one, and a friends baby that ironically enough are due within a week of each other.


2- Photography: (April - June)

We bought ourselves a new camera for Christmas, and I am pretty clueless at using it. This time will be used to explore all the fun things I can do with this fabulous little invention.

3- Writing: (July - September)

I have always loved to write and to read, but I don't feel like I am a very good writer. I am very creative in my head, but on paper or in words I am lacking. Developing this talent may just release something marvelous!

4- TBD (October- December)

I have yet to figure out the 4th pursuit, but my hope is that while I am exploring the three listed above, I will be inspired as to what I should pursue last.

While I hope others will read this an be inspired in some way, this blog is more for me to work out this strange endeavor in writing. I appreciate all comments and feedback as well.

Wish me luck!:)

3 comments:

  1. this is a great idea. Good for you! I feel like you do... what am i good at? what are my interests? both are so hard for me to find answers to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. I'm so proud of you. I need to do something like this. You're such an inspiration. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete