Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

These legs of mine are just plain tired!

This morning's workout was killer for me for some reason.  I hate when that happens.  I had every intention to do cardio for 30ish minutes and then get some weights in for another 30 minutes, but after the cardio I was done.  I just felt off.  I think a lot of it was that I ran 10 miles in the last 2 days, which I have not done for a long time, and that I get up by about 5 every week day morning.  I think it was just my body's way of telling me to calm it down! And I listened.

With my new work schedule, I am exhausted by about 8 pm every night.  Last night I was asleep at 8:30; on a Friday night.  Man, you can tell we are a couple of boring married people.  My poor husband wanted to do something, but I was useless.  He ended up staying up for a while and catching up on our favorite shows; The Office, Parks and Recreations, and Parenthood.  I would like to go back and watch the new episodes as well, but I probably wont.  The only time I have to do anything fun like that is after the kids are in bed and the only thing I want to do then is go to bed too!

Apparently in my incoherent state last night I checked my voice mail and sent someone a text message.  I also ate a snack size box of raisins.  All of which I have little to no memory of.  Kind of creepy isn't it? I hope I am not becoming one of those people who eat in their sleep and can't figure out why they are gaining weight.  That would be really weird.

After a lovely lunch of leftover sausage and rice casserole, wrapped in a flat out wrap (have you had these yet? If not, please try them.  They are so delicious and half the calories of a normal sandwich!) with a big side of green beans, I was feeling much better and ready to tackle my Saturday to-do list.  (I don't know about you, but my Saturday to-do list is always daunting and I hardly ever get any of it done.) But I also was really craving something sweet but I wanted to keep it nutritious.  I was craving chocolate, but that is really not an option right now so I blended up skim milk, cocoa powder, half of a banana and some splenda in the blender and it totally took the edge off my sweet craving.  It was so delicious and I think I may have found my new favorite snack.

I did manage to get most of the things done on my list, so I am ending this wonderful Saturday feeling good and ready for a day of rest tomorrow.  My body is still so tired today, so after I work on a lesson for church tomorrow I am calling it a day early. (My hubby is at work until late tonight so I don't feel too bad for being lame on a Saturday night.)

I hope you all have had a lovely weekend so far and that you have a wonderful day of rest tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment