First off, I successfully went a WHOLE MONTH without eating dessert! Talk about a huge success! I am quite proud of myself:) Honestly, this is huge.
I had sugar for the first time last night and I was reminded why I gave it up in the first place; once I start, I can't stop! Talk about frustrating! I didn't go crazy or anything, but I did eat more than I was wanted to. I was so frustrated with myself for some reason, but I am feeling a little better about it now. Its all about perspective I guess. I have decided though that I am only going to eat desserts on date nights and maybe Sundays. I like feeling like I don't HAVE TO HAVE something; specifically sugar. (My mom is my inspiration in that because she went a WHOLE year without eating chocolate and my mom loves chocolate. Must be where I got it:)) Either way, I am happy to say I reached my goal! It feels good to do something that I set my mind to.
*************************************
Second, I have the best husband. He is perfect for me. He supports me in all that I do, and I am so lucky because of that. I am a little obsessive about getting a workout in everyday. A day just doesn't feel complete without one, and today was just not going well. I could tell it was going to be hard to get a workout in. I called my husband; frustrated and going off about something and he graciously offered to come home early so we could workout. When he got home, it became apparent that it wasn't going to workout that both of us could work out, so he sacrificed his workout to let me have mine. I was touched. So I got to get out for a while by myself and had a great workout; 7 miles in 57 minutes!! I was definitely not planning on running that much, but once I got going it felt so good and went as long as I could in the time I had. I came home refreshed and ready to be a better mom and wife.
I like reading about how to make a good marriage better, and I read recently that one of the best things you can do is to talk good about your husband to other people instead of talking bad. So I am putting it on the internet for all to see that I think I have the greatest husband ever. I love that he supports me in what I love, and I love him for that.
Yay for reaching our goals and yay for having wonderful husbands!
ReplyDelete