Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

Realization

Poor Greg.

He has to put up with me and my constand ramblings of "What am I suppose to do in my life?? Who I am suppose to become?"

Bless him for sticking with me and for always listening and giving his input.  He always has great advice too; for real.

During one of these conversations, I realized that I am not artsy.  I don't think from that part of my brain.  (After all these years in school I still couldn't tell you off the top of my head which side of the brain that is.) All the things that I have been working on, or will work on this year, require skill from that side of my brain too.  NO WONDER I AM STRUGGLING! :)

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy sewing and creating things, and I really love to photograph my children and things like that.  I am just not naturally good at these things.  I try really hard though.  Greg has this gift though.  He has the touch! To be honest,  I ask him for advice on how to decorate because if I were left on my own to do it, it would not be pretty.  (In no way is that a diss to Greg either.  It is just proving my point that he is more artistic than I am.)  He takes some of the most amazing and beautiful pictures too.  You give him a camera, and he can create magic. (Cheesy I know:)

I am ok with this new realization too.  In fact, I am so grateful for it! I feel that it is because I have been on this "quest" to try new things that I have learned more about myself.  That is a huge blessing to me.

Greg also helped me to see that instead of trying to develop new talents all the time that I should work on the ones I already have.

Genious!

I have a love of health and fitness that I want to develop more.  I really enjoy working out and eating healthy, so I am trying to find new ways to improve in both areas.

I really enjoy cleaning and organizing. (I know I am crazy.) I am currently in the process of organizing our food storage and our emergency preparedness plan.  Read this blog to do the same.

I LOVE being a stay at home mom.  I love it!

I love to read.

I love music.  I am better at listening to it, than making it.

I love to serve. I am not necessarily a good teacher, but I really enjoy teaching in our church.  I am currently serving in the Primary, and I really find joy in teaching and leading the children of our area. 

I still plan on working on the things that I have already talked about for the year, but I feel like my search for purpose is actually working! I am beginning to realize who I am, and what I love to do and not what everyone else tells me to love.

I feel good about this:)

3 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!! Husbands are so good for listening to our problems, and they are so smart! Really, who knew? That is one reason why we married them, I suspect! That is awesome! You are good at fitness and health! You are one of the ones that inspired me to try and be healthier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you thought about organizational management? I don't know if that is what you call it but basically helping people organize all of their junk to keep things tidy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle you need to know how inspiring I find your blog! I love it! Since I've not been working and been preparing for motherhood I find myself thinking so many of the things you address in your blog (what and who am I supposed to become? Is motherhood enough to define me?)-- I relate so much to how you feel and it is so comforting to know there are others out there my same age and in a similar situation. I'm so excited to become a mother and I know there is so much if not infinite purpose in that. Thank you!
    -Jessie Cummings

    ReplyDelete