Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Just take one step at a time

I had a couple friends leave some really sweet comments on my blog recently.  Thank you! 

These comments got me thinking a lot for some reason.  I have always felt that part of my plan in this life was to help people in one way or another.  While I don't necessarily think that this is the only way I am meant to touch people, it does make me feel like I am on the right path if others are actually reading this and even relating at times.  

Thank you again for your comments:)

*****

I think a lot.  I over think a lot too, but I really enjoy having time to just sit and reflect.  Nap times are my time to sit and think and to study scriptures for a few minutes.  Deagan likes to have me in his room while he is falling asleep, so I feel like I have to use this time wisely.

This afternoon while Deagan was dozing off, I was studying scriptures thinking about life in general.  While I was reading and studying, I gained some insight that I felt could be very applicable to this idea of finding your purpose in life.  

I find myself either looking in the past or looking towards the future.  I am either thinking about something I might have done wrong or worried about doing right in the future.  It is a tricky place to be in because as a result of this constant looking back and forwards, I find myself not content with where I am at right now. There are of course some things that I can not change in my life, and those are the things that I find myself stressing over; a lot.  I found myself feeling very strongly that I need to be content with where I am at with the things I can not change. 

 I can not at this time understand my ultimate purpose in this life. But I can work day to day towards that goal.  I strongly believe that I will be led to where I am suppose to be, and that I will find myself doing what I should be doing.  I just need to take it one step at a time and one day at a time.  

I know this is true for you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment