
March is National Nutrition Month! A whole month dedicated to eating healthy. I love this!
The idea of "eating right with color" I think is a great way to help you focus on eating a variety of of healthy foods.
When I make a meal, I like it to contain lots of colors. The more color the better because the more nutrients you are getting!
Here are a few of my favorite color foods:
Red:
-Red Peppers
-Red Delicious Apples
-Strawberries (But really only in smoothies. I never seem to have luck buying them and they eventually go to waste)
-Raspberries
Orange: (I think I need to expand my orange food repertoire)
-Orange Pepper
-Carrots
-Sweet Potatoes
-Oranges
Yellow:
-Bananas
-Yellow Pepper (Can you tell I like peppers?)
Green:
-Golden Delicious Apples
-Spinach
-Broccoli
-String Beans
-Celery
-Peas
-Green Pepper
-Pears
Purple:
-Purple Cabbage (I love to put this on top of my salads or steamed veggies!)
-Grapes
I need to do better about eating a wider variety of colored fruits and veggies, but I feel I have a good start! I tend to stay with the same stuff all the time, but I know what I like.
Next time you make a meal, try to get as much color in it as possible and your body will thank you! And so will the scale:)
No comments:
Post a Comment