Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Surviving the Holidays

It is that time of year where there are goodies galore and time seems to be running twice as fast. At least, that is how I feel right now! We are leaving to go visit family for Thanksgiving this Saturday and will be gone for a whole week! I can hear angels singing now! Honestly, we need this break so bad.

While I am itching to get out of town, I am not itching to forget my healthy ways for the sake of being out of town.  However, it is so hard when you are not in your own environment.  I have been thinking of ways of how we are going to get through this time without packing on the pounds, and I feel that that is going to be my biggest help; planning ahead!

Here are a few of my plans:

-We are staying with my husband's family while we are on vacation in a place where we have stayed many times before, so I know what kind of fitness facility they have and have started thinking of workouts that I am going to do.  Lame  right, but it is going to pay off I am convinced! I am also going to bring some workout DVD's and routines that I know I can do in our room if I can't make it to the gym.

-My husbands mom is a great cook, and I want to enjoy her food with out feeling guilty, so I am going to really try and self talk myself from eating multiple servings of her delicious food.  I have a sweet tooth that is almost impossible to cure, so this is going to be a challenge, but I am getting my husband on board to help me with this as well.  No seconds is what I am aiming for.

-Because I know that I will eat more than normal with all the goodies that we will be presented with, I have been aiming for a certain number of calorie burn instead of focusing on a time when I work out.  I hope that by aiming high I will be able to start 2011 without the thought of trying to lose some holiday pounds.

-I am also working on forgiving myself for eating one too many cookies. This is the hardest thing for me; not beating myself up when I eat more than I wanted to.  To be honest, I am just praying for self control this year.

Happy healthy Holidays everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment