Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Remember Him

Today has been one of those days.  You know the kind when all you want to do is get ready and that seems to be taking hours to accomplish because this child needs a nap but won't fall asleep and this other one needs a nap and is getting into trouble because he is so tired but I can't put him down because of the first one's current nap strike? 

But today I am lucky because I am here with my mom and my sister, and when I about lost it they stepped in and took the baby so I could put the toddler down for a nap. 

As I was laying down by my son, I was reading scriptures, and I read a verse that talked about why we have trials in our lives. I learned and felt very strongly at that moment that we experience struggles so that we will remember God.  

Before I had this time to lay down and ponder, my thoughts were not focused on God because I was so focused on how stressed I was and how overwhelmed I was with my children. I believe that we experience trials so that we will remember God because that is what happened to me today.  In the midst of that chaos, I was reminded that I am not alone.  I am constantly being watched over and guided

Even though the baby is still not asleep, my son is.

Even though I am still not ready for the day and it is 3:30 in the afternoon, I have experienced a tender mercy that I feel will buoy me through the rest of the afternoon.

I am grateful that I have hard times because it reminds me that I am not alone.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for writing this! Its good to be reminded that the Savior is there for us, especially when we feel like pulling our hair out, and screaming because our children aren't doign what we want them to do...

    ReplyDelete