Sunday, February 28, 2010
Winter Blues
I have not posted for a couple of weeks. I'm sorry. I have been working on pursuing this first talent. I actually finished a quilt this weekend, and will post pictures once I download them on my computer. As a side note, I think this is the best one I have done yet:)
I guess the biggest reason I have not posted is that I have been in a winter slump. You know the slump. It is almost March. There is still snow on the ground, and the sun has refused to really come out for months now. Winter is no longer welcome, but it just hangs around. That kind of slump. It is kind of depressing waking up every morning to grey skies and white grounds.
I found myself slipping into my old way of thinking; "What is my purpose right now? I don't think I really have one right now."
The one thing I have learned since starting this blog is that I have a lot more control over my happiness and emotions than I gave myself credit for. If I make a goal, it is up to me to finish it, not anyone else. It is up to me to decide if I am going to let a gray sky get me down or just enjoy the variety in seasons. That is the attitude I have decided to stick with.
I am happier that way:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Its easier to get in the slump huh? even though we don't have snow on the ground right now, I moved here expecting it to be warm here by now and its not. kind of depressing. It is totally how we choose to act that makes the difference. thanks for reminding me!
ReplyDeleteP.S. You're awesome!