I did finish reading this book though with the feeling that all women need something in their life to help them find purpose or to help them find meaning in what they are doing. This seems to be something that we all share.
***Disclaimer: There is some language in this book so don't think that I am saying this is the best book for everyone.***
***Disclaimer: There is some language in this book so don't think that I am saying this is the best book for everyone.***
Everyone wants to be good at something. I finished reading it and I found myself thinking, "What am I good at?"


Here is the list that I came up with:
-I am pretty good at doing laundry. I don't necessarily find myself counting down the days and minutes to when I can do it again, but I can sure get clothes clean.
-I feel that I am pretty good at trying to keep my body healthy. I love working out and I love how it feels to be active and to eat healthy. I am no pro in this department, but I feel for my body I do an ok job. (There is always room for improvement, and hope to make these improvements once I am not carrying another person inside me.)
-Being a mom. Every child is different and every mother is different, but Deagan and I make a pretty good combo, and I go to bed (most) nights feeling like I did a pretty good job at this mom stuff. (We will see how much longer I feel that way once our new one is born.) I must say that this is a new self-discovery I have had. I haven't always felt this way and don't always feel this way, but there are those days when you just click with your child and today just happens to be one of them.
-I am a good reader. I love to read and feel that if that was a talent, I would be close to pro at it by now.
-I am good at keeping a clean home. I find I can think better and relax more and have with my family when I have a clean space to play in. Clutter is not my friend. I feel that I feel closer to my Heavenly Father even in a clean space.
-(Greg will have to be the judge of this) but I feel that I am good wife. I try to support my hubby in the things that he loves doing, and I find that I am happier when I am supportive. Funny how that works. While I don't feel I deserve wife of the year, I do love my husband and feel that that is worth something.
If you have a day where you find yourself wondering what there is about you that is so great, just start writing down the things that you are good at. They may be small or they may be big, but they are you and they are what make you YOU.
And if you want to read a book about a bunch of women from different walks of life, try reading "The Friday Night Knitting Club." It might inspire you to try something new:)
I might just have to read it! You know, your one of the reasons why I lost weight that semester we were roommates. I was like, man, Michelle looks so good! Well. What does she do? She works out and eats well. You are very good at that! You were always an example to me, also something you are good at. I think that the list can really go on and on...
ReplyDelete